TIME TO PRESCHOOL! TIME TO HOMESCHOOL!
It’s time to shop and grab the essentials you will need for the preschool and homeschool year.
I know we don’t generally follow the back to school calendar, but it’s still an exciting time for homeschoolers. Do you have a preschool or homeschool supply checklist?
Today I am going to share with you some of our favorites that make our preschool and homeschool life easier. I also have a little checklist of supplies that I stock up on each year at back-to-school time. Some of these are bigger items that you don’t need to buy yearly but are things that we use almost daily that lasts for a while.
Here is our list of the supplies that we use regularly. You’ll find the whole list at the end of this post for your reference.
PRESCHOOL OR HOMESCHOOL FAVORITE SUPPLY CHECKLIST
- 3 types of Paper – lined, graph, and colored construction
- 1 Subject Notebooks – grab enough for the subjects and interests that you’ve chosen
- Folders – to keep organize with worksheets, drawings, spelling lists, etc.
- Calculator – depending on the grade level and math curriculum
- Pencils– good quality 2 pencils.
- Pens – black, blue, and red ink
- Dual Tip Color Brush and Pen – fine liner art pens for hand lettering, drawing, art projects and journaling
- Expo Dry Erase Markers– both thin and thick ones are used
- Washable Crayola Markers and Crayons – or equivalent
- Do-A-Dot Marker Set– great for keeping the younger ones busy and lots of fun)
- Binder Rings– to keep organized with notes, worksheets, charts, lists, etc. It’s good to have on hand.
- Page Tabs and Post It Notes– use these to mark pages in all books, notebooks, literature, textbooks, teacher manuals, etc.)
- Index Cards and Box– used for various things like making vocabulary or math flash cards, verse memorization, games etc.).
- Wooden Craft Sticks
- Wall Map(I recommend getting a quality wall map, it will last you for years. We have a US map and a World map).
- Globe – this one is a great choice – Oregon Scientific Smart Globe Discovery Educational World Geography Kids. You could get a plain globe which works just fine. This one just has extra features.
- Mini Dry Erase Boards– one for each child (I do have one large board for the room, but each child likes to have a smaller one for their work). It’s good for answering questions as well.
For students who uses an online platform full time or part time to supplement the curriculum: in addition to the above items, you will need …
- Computer, laptop, or tablet – check with the online school platform you’re using. Schoolization can run on all three types of devices. Check for good source of charger, USB port, etc.
- Headphones – it is important to grab one that is high quality with a speaker and one that blocks noise in the background.
- Mouse – optional, but I find it very useful to move around the classroom more efficiently. Mouse pad if needed.
- Anti-glare glasses – optional, highly recommended to protect their eyes.
- Printer and Ink– it gets used a LOT so get a high quality one with extra paper and ink.
- White Board – These can be pricey, but it is a necessity in our homeschool. It is literally used daily. I have a 3′ x 5′ size for the wall. Then magnetic handheld size white boards as well.
- Sticker note pads – various sizes and colors
- Pencil Sharpener– electric sharpener is an absolute must in our homeschool.
- Red Correcting Pencils – a good quality erasable checking pencil to check work).
- Stapler & Staples
- Hole Punch
- File Folders
- Laminator – it is so expensive to get things laminated. You actually end up saving money if you invest in one. I use it more often than I thought I would.
- Calendar Poster
- Fun little things for our Treasure Box– grab some at the discounted stores. I use it when the kids finish all their schoolwork for the week, they get to pick their prize from the treasure box).
- Desktop Carousel – I have found these at different stores in different shapes and colors. No matter what they are just handy to organize homeschool supplies.
- Preschool or Homeschool Planner– a printable planner I use year after year to keep me organized.
Well, this is a great place to start gathering your supplies once you decide on your preschool or homeschool curriculum and schedule. It seems like a lot. Again, some of these things we do not have to buy every year. You can find notebooks and folders on sale during the summer for a fraction of the regular price. Same goes for crayons and markers and things like that. So be sure to stock up! I do have some other items in our preschool or homeschool that I use often, but these are the things I consider must haves. This is the list that I recommend to my parents and students as they come through Schoolization and in some of my coaching sessions.
We offer a full curriculum for Preschool with our online teachers. Contact us for a FREE trial class.
We also offer a 6 week Pre-K Prep School Curriculum to be completed at home. It can be purchased as a digital download only or a digital download + online classes with our teachers. Contact us for more information. ☺
Happy Preschooling and Homeschooling!